Redken has released details of the hairstyles at Paris Fashion Week that it contributed to, namely the autumnâwinter 2015â16 collections of Christian Dior and Balenciaga.
Guido, its global creative director, gave Christian Dior a science fiction-inspired ponytail look. In a release, Guido said, ‘I created this very long, asymmetrical side ponytail at Christian Dior this season, but itâs not your standard, fun, side pony. Thereâs something sinister and almost strange about it. Itâs sophisticated, but very sci-fi and has somewhat of a child-like quality. First, I prepped and blow dried the hair with Redkenâs Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow Dry Lotion, so itâs super-straight and smooth. Then, I created a deep, exaggerated side part and gathered the hair into this smooth, low side ponytail, getting a
clean finish with Redkenâs Fashion Work 12 hairspray. It has a strange sense to it because itâs so asymmetrical and has such extreme length. Itâs really a continuation of the woman weâve been seeing this season, who is more done with a very modern, futuristic feeling.’
For Balenciaga, ‘At Balenciaga, I created this very chic, sculpted chignon on the top of the crown that really accentuates the long neck and gives you a beautiful, elegant silhouette. Itâs kind of futuristic-feeling in the way itâs moulded to the head, but itâs still very polished and stylized, which makes the style look very new to the eye again. I used Redkenâs Guts 10 to blow dry the hair straight, pulled it up into a high ponytail right on the crown and then moulded it into a flat chignon with Redkenâs Forceful 23 Super Strength hair spray. I left out two pieces of hair on either side of the head to create the illusion of little sideburns. Though the shape is based on something classic, the shiny, lacquer-like finish gives it a new, modern feeling,’ said Guido.
Lola Cristall’s fashion week summary will be published online shortly.
The look at Christian Dior
1. After shampooing, apply a nickel-size amount of Redken Extreme Length Primer (NZ$35, available in New Zealand from April 2015) to wet hair and rinse out.
2. Brush Redken Extreme Length Sealer (NZ$33, from April) on damp hair from mid-lengths to ends.
3. Spray Redken Pillow Proof Express Primer (NZ$36) all over damp hair.
4. Apply a nickel-size amount of Redken Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow Dry Lotion (NZ$36) to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends.
5. Use a comb to create a deep side part and blow-dry smooth using a round brush.
6. Gather hair into a low side ponytail, ensuring the sides are super smooth, and secure with an elastic.
7. Take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic to hide it.
8. Spray Redken Fashion Work 12 (NZ$36) versatile working spray all over to get a smooth, clean finish.
The look at Balenciaga
1. Spray Redken Pillow Proof Express Primer (NZ$36) all over damp hair and comb through.
2. Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Guts 10 volumizing spray-foam mousse (NZ$38) to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends.
3. Blow-dry hair straight using a flat brush.
4. Gather hair into a high ponytail, leaving two small pieces out on each side, and secure with an elastic at the crown of the head.
5. Twist ponytail into a wide, flat chignon thatâs moulded to the head, and secure with U-shaped pins.
6. Thoroughly spray Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray (NZ$36) and Redken Shine Flash 02 (NZ$38) for a lacquer-like finish.
7. Flat iron the two small pieces of hair on each side of the head to create the illusion of sideburns.